Professional flight training
for pilots and non-pilots.
SGS 2-32 $75.00 per hour (30 minute minimum)
SGS 2-33A $55.00 per hour (30 minute minimum)
ASK-21 $99.00 per hour (30 minute minimum)
SGS 1-34 $55.00 per hour (30 minute minimum)
Ground $49.00 per hour
Flight Instruction $49.00 per hour
*See courses pricing below
1,000 Feet - $50 Plus $1 per 100 feet higher
2,000 Feet - $60 Plus $1 per 100 feet higher
3,000 Feet - $70 Plus $1 per 100 feet higher
WINCH GROUD LAUNCHES**
$49 - by prior arrangement. (Please call for schedule and availability, height varies) **Ground launch checkout required for rentals and winch launch of private gliders.
Renter's Insurance $5.00 per flight
Parachute Rental $5.00 per flight
*INSTRUCTION COURSE PACKAGES
Introductory Package $299 (save $100) 2 Ground instruction classes 2 Instruction flights (Incl. tow, rental, instructor) Flight Manual, Glider Pilot Logbook Private Glider Course$1999 ($2,173 value)
8 Hours of Dual Instruction
3 Hours of Ground Instruction 8 Hours of Glider Rental 16 Aero tows and/or ground launches 1 Flight Manual 1 Pilot Logbook 1 Airman's Information Manual 1 Sectional Air Chart 1 Practical Test Standards 1 Pilot's Operating Handbook (Note: Hours are based on the average student time to solo and the minimum FAA requirements)
SIX REASONS TO GET A GLIDER RATING
Always wanted to learn to fly sailplanes just because it sounded fun?
Here are a few more reasons to consider -
1. Soaring makes any pilot a better pilot with advanced training. Even the U.S. Air Force Academy starts new pilots in sailplanes. Many flight instructors send their newly licensed students to add a glider license.
2. Counts as a Bi-annual Flight Review for all categories. Get current and accomplish a whole new rating at the same time.
3. Less Costly. Average C172 hourly rental $100/HR. Average sailplane trainer rental $40/HR (and no gas to buy).
4. A more expert understanding of Weather using mountain waves, thermals and ridge lift.
5. The intellectual challenge of Powerless Flight. Sailplanes in Nevada often stay aloft over 5 hours and fly hundreds of miles.
6. Safe, Natural Sport compared to general aviation. Get in touch with the sounds, sensations and special environment of pure, silent flight away from crowded airports and air traffic.